Most of us have heard the saying “when you know better, you do better” however that only works if you put it into practice. Which brings me to another cliché’ “knowing is half the battle” which is true because it’s not just having the knowledge that matters, but what we do with it that makes us WISE. Here are 8 traits of wise people, are you one of them?
- Wise people have a lot of experiences – It’s often said that wisdom comes with age, but that’s not the only way to gain wisdom. Experience is still the best teacher, and I have met many young people who are wise beyond their years because of their life experiences and exposure to many of the things life has to offer. (My daughter is definitely one of those people).
- Wise people are sponges – They learn something from every interaction, they LISTEN more and speak less, they READ to learn more about a subject or to get a better understanding. Soaking up knowledge is definitely their thing.
- Wise people see what’s right in front of them – They are very observant, have common sense and know the deeper meaning of things beyond the surface.
- Wise people are self-aware – They are masters at self-examination, they take time meditate, get the proper rest and reflect it helps them to see themselves as they are and make necessary adjustments if needed.
- Wise people grow from crisis – They allow their negative experience to make them better not bitter, and they know how to a turn a negative situation into a positive one.
- Wise people have a strong support network – Your Network is your Networth, surrounding themselves with positive people who are dependable and 100% supportive, without pretense is how they build sustainable alliances that helps them to learn and grow.
- Wise people are tolerant – Patience and Compassion are key components of WISDOM. That’s why reflection is so important, it allows you to empathize with others, and act accordingly.
WISE PEOPLE TAKE ACTION – They don’t procrastinate or make excuses, they evaluate and if it makes sense they ACT!
Do you have the traits of a wise person? Maybe your half way there, but missing a few? Comment below and let us know!
Also, join us Saturday, December 28th for a Goal-Setting, Action-Planning experience like no other – Ready, Set, GOAL!